Monday 23 February 2009

More changes...

Hey, sorry it's long time, no update, although that seems to be a pretty typical pattern of what I do these days. Urrgh, college and work are draining me.
I think I'm probably going to scrap the album I was working on entirely. I mean I'm still fond of it and all, but really, the songs in it are getting on for 3 years old now. I've changed a lot as a character since then, and I suppose I feel that I've moved on from what made those tracks as endearing to me as they were back then. Finishing them off, or even re-doing them would feel kind of contrived.

Not that I want what I've done to go to waste, I've wasted my effort on too much creatively in recent years, be it other music projects or my art. I'll probably do a quick mastering job and release the lot in its current form on a service like Bandcamp, draw a line there and start on a new body of work. I've been listening to a lot of different music recently, and am feeling rather inspired, although whatever it is I end up producing will probably sound a lot different to what I've done in the past.
I'm still waiting to hear back as to whether the track I did with Ali on vocals is going to get released on the Zero Demographic compilation, but all signs point to 'yes', so at least something productive will have come of the old work. I was quite proud of how it ended up sounding, although some of the backing vox I did were pretty iffy. Hopefully some folk'll like it.
I'll try to keep this updated more regularly from now on.

No comments: